Astral Out-of-Home, one of Canada's leading out-of-home advertising companies, is pleased to announce partnerships with provincial law enforcement agencies to extend AMBER Alert announcements to all of Astral's 32 Digital Network™ signs in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver.
The Astral Out-of-Home AMBER Alert Program will enable local authorities to engage the public in a fast response effort to identify and locate abducted children and protect them from harm. In the event of an AMBER Alert, the display of regular ads will be interrupted to allow the urgent message to appear exclusively. Messages will be posted instantly across Astral's Digital Network also updated regularly from its national control centre as the situation evolves.
“Maintaining close ties with communities across Canada is at the heart of our management philosophy and our employees' values,” said Luc Sabbatini, President, Astral Out-of-Home. “As responsible citizens we have an extraordinary ability to help the AMBER Alert Program raise awareness, at times when our communities need us the most.”
The AMBER Alert program, already in place across Astral's specialty television and radio stations across Canada, represents a successful partnership of provincial law enforcement agencies, the private sector and the public to help safeguard Canada's children.
* The AMBER Alert Partnership Agreements are with:
* The Ontario Provincial Police (Toronto);
* The Québec Ministry of Transportation (Montréal);
* The RCMP (Vancouver)
* Astral Digital Network offers 23 locations currently; 32 locations by January 2011
* In the event of an AMBER Alert, the display of regular ads will be interrupted to allow the urgent message to be posted instantly
* The combined reach of the Montréal, Toronto & Vancouver network will exceed two million people
* Eight out of 10 highway travelers noticed Astral Out-of-Home's Digital Network; 97% of people who noted the presence of digital panels admitted to looking at them when they pass by (according to Ipsos-Reid)